Residents’ News at a Glance
IFEZ resident companies are performing excellently in many areas, including biomedicines.
Here is the latest on key players engaged in creating a stronger ecosystem for the industry.
- · Date of Establishment : February 27, 1991
- · Number of Employees : 2,171 (as of September 2020)
- · Signed a contract worth : KRW 210 billion
- · Sales : KRW 1.285 billion (as of Dec. 2019, IFRS consolidated)
- · Global Sales : In over 90 countries (as of 2019)
- · Address : 23 Academy-ro, Yeonsu-gu, Incheon
Celltrion Certified with Highest AEO Grade
On April 9, Celltrion was awarded a AAA certificate as an Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) at the AEO Award Ceremony hosted by the Korea Customs Service. With this, Celltrion became the first bio-pharmaceutical company to be certified with this highest-possible grade.
AEO represents an international standard that assesses a company’s compliance, internal control system, financial status, and safety management, based on the import/export supply chain security standards of the World Customs Organization (WCO). With a total of 83 countries currently operating this program, an AEO-certified company is recognized for its trade security and is thus able to enjoy streamlined customs clearance and administration, as well as lower funding requirements through mutual recognition agreements with trade-partner countries.
i-SENS Obtains Export Permission for its COVID-19 Swift Antibody Test Kit
i-SENS has obtained export permission from the Ministry of Food and Drug Safety for its COVID-19 swift antibody test kit, ivisen IA-1100 COVID-19 IgG. This kit analyzes a variety of clinical specimens, such as blood plasma, serum, and venous blood, within 15 minutes. It is battery operated, making it good for point-of-care testing (POCT). With the modular analysis mechanism, it can also be used for other diagnosis purposes.
This product was developed not only for seroepidemiology tests but also antibody tests and other purposes. The company is planning to obtain European CE certification in order to gain entry in the global market.
- · Date of Establishment : May 4, 2000
- · Revenue : KRW 20.38 billion (as of December 2020, IFRS consolidated)
- · Business category : Electric diagnosis and treatment-device manufacturing
- · Address : 12 Harmony-ro, 275beon-gil, Yeonsu-gu, Incheon
NEXTBIOMEDICAL Expands its Endoscopic Hemostasis Products
NEXTBIOMEDICAL is expanding its export market to encompass all of Europe, including major players like the UK, Germany, and France. The company, renowned for its innovative treatment solutions, signed an agreement in July 2020 with Medtronic, a multi-national corporation specialized in healthcare, to transfer the global publication rights to its endoscopic hemostasis product, NextpowderTM. The global endoscopic hemostasis market is forecasted to grow to KRW 3-4 trillion by 2023. Meanwhile, the product is waiting for USFDA approval in December this year, and the company aims to finalize the technology-appraisal process, etc., to proceed with its IPO within this year.
- · Date of Establishment : August 1, 2014
- · Revenue : KRW 800.76 million (as of December 2020, GAAP Non-consolidated)
- · Business category : Medical devices, medicines
- · Address : 6 Venture-ro, 100beon-gil, Yeonsu-gu, Incheon
YUJIN ROBOT Discloses Auto-driving Food-distribution Car
On April 18, YUJIN ROBOT unveiled its auto-driving food-distribution car, Drigo, for the first time at the 36th Korea International Medical and Hospital Equipment Show (KIMES 2021), hosted at COEX. Drigo was co-developed by YUJIN ROBOT and MYUNGSE CMK, a specialist in food-distribution cars for inpatients at hospitals.
This auto-driving solution analyzes the surrounding space and drives along a programmed route, such as through a kitchen, ward hallway, cleaning room, etc. The car can be loaded with up to 600 kg and is also capable of handling trays and riding the elevator. Switching to manual mode ensures convenience and efficiency in different situations. In addition, the temperature-control feature helps maintain the freshness of food.
- · Date of Establishment : December 7, 1993
- · Number of employees : 156 (as of September 2020)
- · Revenue : KRW 72. 699 billion (as of December 2020, IFRS consolidated)
- · Address : 33 Harmony-ro, 187beon-gil, Yeonsu-gu, Incheon
Igus Launches Clean Cables for Semiconductors
Igus launched a new clean cable solution, e-Skin Cleanroom Cable Guide. The e-Skin Cleanroom Cable Guide is a modular system that connects each component of cables and chains.
The usual outer jacket is removed from the CFCLEAN cable, apart from the PTFE core insulation for electric protection, while a polymer-based e-Skin profile is added for mechanical protection.
e-Skin protects cables not only from machinery influences but also pollutants by opening the zipper of the jacket and inserting the CFCLEAN cable. Additionally, e-Skin can assemble and expand each component’s profile.
- · Date of Establishment : 1964
- · Number of employees : Over 3,300 (global)
- · Revenue : KRW 18 billion (as of 2020)
- · Address : 42 Venture-ro, 12beon-gil, Yeonsu-gu, Incheon
Rittal Opens Industry’s First Digital Gallery
Rittal disclosed its Digital Gallery following a month of internal testing for stabilization. Its 3D virtual gallery offers lifelike 3D-product images, representing a first for the industry. Industrial system protection products (such as enclosures, air control, electric power distribution, and IT infrastructure) are displayed in intuitive 3D images, and many solutions necessary for the Industry 4.0 era are visualized so that users can take them in at a glance. In addition, the gallery provides links to social media and websites for sharing real-time information. For more information on the Digital Gallery, please visit Rittal Korea’s blog or the ‘Marketing’ section of the company website.
- · Date of Establishment : July 20, 1996
- · Number of employees : 109 (as of 2019)
- · Revenue : KRW 34.856 billion (as of December 2019, GAAP consolidated)
- · Address : 10 Incheon tower-daero, 25beon-gil, Yeonsu-gu, Incheon
Carnavi.com Signs DCU Technology Transfer Agreement
Carnavi.com has signed an Automotive Domain Control Unit (DCU) technology transfer agreement with Korea Automotive Technology Institute (KATECH). The DCU system is a high-performing, low-energy consuming, and highly reliable electronic control system equivalent to a brain capable of composing an auto-driving system. Going forward, the company will develop the overall system, including the DCU algorithm, and will converge cognition technology using its LIDAR sensor and decision-making technology currently in development, with the goal of reaching the Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems (ADAS) market sometime in the middle of next year. Through sensor fusion technology, this will promote synergy with its ongoing projects, like LIDAR, Radar, and cameras. The company will also assign a dedicated team to advance this new technology. This planned expansion will entail the hiring of additional talents in R&D.
- · Date of Establishment : March 1, 1993
- · Number of employees : 189 employees (as of 2021)
- · Revenue : KRW 54.188 billion (as of December 2019, GAAP Non-consolidated)
- · Address : 13-25 Songdogwahak-ro, 16beon-gil, Yeonsu-gu, Incheon